MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday December 2, 2022 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- THIS WEEKEND: Swim club is in need of volunteers to help work the swim meet this weekend. Could you help publicize this for any groups that need volunteer hours? Email coach Erinn Jankowski if interested: Saturday 12/03/22 (7:00 am - 1:30 pm) & (1:00 pm - 6 pm)Sunday 12/04/22 (7:00 am - 12:00 pm) & (12:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
- In January, Mt. Vernon will begin an eSports program to compete against other high schools in the state. Students interested in being a part of the team, should see one of the posters hanging in the school and scan the QR code to complete an application. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Kissinger.
- Are you interested in making Game Days more fun for our home crowds and more difficult for opposing teams? Then come be a part of MV Pep Club-- $10 will get you a T-shirt and free admission to all home sporting events for the entire school year! ALL students are encouraged to participate and join Pep Club so that we create an ALL IN experience for all of our home games throughout the year. This Thursday morning at 7:15am we will meet to discuss the theme and prepare for the North Posey boys basketball game for Friday evening. Bring your friends and come join us for FREE breakfast! See Coach Lopez with any questions.
- December 6th, 7th and 8th auditions for the Spring musical, Cinderella. Sign up sheet in the choir hallway. Band and Choir Christmas Concert on December 5th at 6:30pm in the PAC.
- "Looking for a job? Look no further than the help wanted board in front of the office for possible job opportunities."
- December 3rd Winter Formal - MVHS Cafeteria (7pm-11pm) Tickets will be sold Wednesday 11/30, Thursday 12/01 and Friday 12/02 during lunch this week. They will be $20. If you have a guest that is not a MVHS student, please get a form from the counseling office and return it completed to the main office. Your guest will not be able to attend if the form is not approved before purchasing their ticket.
- April 29, 20223 - Prom at USI in Carter Hall from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Tickets will be sold 3 weeks prior to prom and tickets will be $30 each.
- Donation drive for Evansville's YWCA. The YWCA provides services for domestic and sexual violence and housing for women and girls. Some ideas to donate to the YWCA are body wash/gel, bath towels and washcloths, shower loofah balls, Clorox wipes, fuzzy blankets, new bed pillows, arts and crafts kits for kids, copy paper, deodorant, razors, laundry hampers, fuzzy socks, bandaids, Play-Doh or slime. The items can be dropped off at Mr. Ungetheim, Mr. Bacon, or Mr. Krizan's room until December 9."
- Altered Schedule Dates for December (subject to change) Wednesday, December 7th - Club Schedule - Cluster #2 Wednesday, December 14th - Club Schedule - Club Schedule - Khan Academy (Math)
- The girls team won all but two events tonight. They fought through some recent illnesses and a tough week of training to best North, a team that just edged a victory over the Wildcats at the Mount Vernon Invitational 2 weeks ago. It was a great moment for the team! First place finished came from: 200 Medley Relay (Julien Glover, Kaliegh Kelley, Krissy Bazan, Jaley Hamilton) 200 Freestyle (Sophie Kloppenburg). 200 IM (Krissy Bazan). 50 Freestyle (Kaleigh Kelley). 100 Freestyle (Jaley Hamilton). 500 Freestyle (Sophie Kloppenburg). 200 Freestyle Relay ( Jaley Hamilton, Maddie Maier, Julien Glover, Sophie Kloppenburg). 100 Backstroke (Jaley Hamilton). 100 Breastroke (Kaleigh Kelley). 400 Freestyle Relay (Krissy Bazan, Maddie Maier, Sophie Kloppenburg, Kaleigh Kelley)
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 11/28/22 - 12/3/22
6:00 PM Basketball (Boys JV/V) vs. North Posey
10:00 AM Basketball (Girls JV/V) @ Pike Central
7:00 PM Winter Formal - sponsored by MVHS Band Boosters
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 11/28/22 - 12/03/22
Friday- Stromboli w/ curly fries