MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETINFriday, May 13, 2022 - Gray DayTO THE STUDENTS:
- Starting Monday, May 16th all students will report to the Auxiliary Gym after until your teacher comes to pick you up.
- Art Guild Members: the end of year completion party is today after school in Mrs Glaser’s room. Movies, pizza and popcorn.
- All books checked out from the Media Center are now due.
- If a student has four (4) finals on a single day (May 24th or 25th), then he/she can get permission from Mr. Jones to arrange with their teachers to take at least one of the finals on an alternate day. The deadline for getting approval is May 19th at 3:05 pm.
- Appeal for Credit forms are due back by Monday, May 16th.
- The Posey County office of the DNR is looking for student workers who are interested in property maintenance work this summer. Applicants who are 18 years older (or older) are preferred. Interested students should call the DNR office at 812-838-2927 for more information.
- Senior voting for Best Ofs will close at the end of school. Please check your email and make sure you vote.
- Mandatory Graduation Practice for Seniors 8:05 a.m. Monday, May 23rd
- 2022 Graduation Commencement 7:00 p.m. Friday, May 27th (Seniors must report to the auxiliary gym no later than 6:30 p.m.)
- Senior voting for “Best Ofs” will close at the end of school, Friday, May 13th. Please check your email and make sure you vote.
Varsity Baseball beat Southridge High School 11-9.
Jack Campbell started the game for Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity. The righty allowed nine hits and five runs over four innings, striking out two and walking zero.
Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity stole the lead late and defeated Southridge 11-9 on Thursday. Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity trailed 7-6 in the top of the seventh inning when Hayden Huss doubled on a 0-1 count, scoring three runs. Huss earned the victory on the mound for Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity. The pitcher went two-thirds of an inning, allowing zero runs on one hit, striking out one and walking zero. Kyle Holder and Braxton Daws entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief. Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity saw the ball well today, racking up 12 hits in the game. Aidan Watters, Connor Stevens, Huss, and Tyler Brown all managed multiple hits for Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity. Watters went 3-for-5 at the plate to lead Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity in hits.
Girls Varsity Tennis beat Tecumseh High School 5-0
Lauren Boeke def. Lexi Carlisle 6-1, 6-1
Lily Denning def. Brittney Wahl 6-1, 6-0
Sadie Redman def. Chloe Ashby 6-0, 6-0
Alison Gansman/Grace Lueder def. McDaniel/Gates 6-0, 6-0
Lily Tenbarge/Grace Tenbarge def. Funkhouser/Sheets 3-6, 6-2, 10-0
Ella McCune/Reilly Schelhorn def. Isaacs/Julian 6-2
Ella McCune/Reilly Schelhorn def. Payne/Meece 6-5
Lili Hess def. Ella McCune 6-4
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 05/09/22 - 05/13/22
4:30 PM Tennis (Girls V) @ Bosse
5:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) vs. North Posey
4:00 PM Softball (Girls V) @ Mount Carmel
11:00 AM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Heritage Hills
12:00 PM Golf (Boys V) - PAC Meet (Sultan's Run)
2:00 PM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Tell City
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 05/09/22 - 05/13/22
Friday- Build-A-Burger w/ fries