MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Mrs Glaser’s Drawing Class - Meet in her room F104 tomorrow by 8:00am. Sooner if possible to get your supplies together. Don’t forget:*a sack lunch and drink *hat, BUG SPRAY, sunscreen *bag chair or picnic blanket *dress school appropriate and for the weather (no tank tops!)
- Studio B Prom Picture Packets can be picked up in the counseling office this week.
- After-Prom tickets will be on sale this Wednesday, Thursday & Friday during lunch.
- Almost Anything Goes (Field Day) is this Friday, April 22nd. Please check your email to fill out the participation form by tomorrow Wednesday, April 20th if you are interested in participating in one of the games.
- MVHS Talent Show Friday April 29th 2:00-3:00pm in the PAC. If you are interested in participating contact, Mr. Baker to set up an audition. firstname.lastname@example.org
- SENIORS: If you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony you MUST order a cap & gown! Using past graduates' cap and gown is not allowed. If you don’t know if you have ordered a cap & gown, please stop by the counseling office and check with Mrs. Martin.
- The state FAFSA deadline has passed, but the FAFSA can still be submitted to be considered for federal aid. If you have any questions contact Mrs. Rose. Applications for the Elizabeth D. Baier Youth Spirit Award are available in the Counseling Office. Completed applications must be postmarked to the United Way of Posey County by April 29. This $500 award will be given to a current junior whose residence is in Posey County and who has exhibited outstanding achievement in the following areas: leadership, volunteerism, and community involvement.
The Super Bowl Team competed last evening at the Area Competition in Class 2. The top performance of the evening was from the English Team. They placed 1st with a score of 24 out of a possible 25 points. Team members are Brenna Julian, Sophie Kloppenburg, Sydney Friedman, and Emma Fisher. The Math Team placed 1st with a score of 15 points. Team members are Carson Tucker, Rossy Hollinger, Shelby Lang, and Rylan Paul. The Interdisciplinary Team placed 1st with a score of 18 points. Team members are Sydney Friedman, Carson Tucker, Noah Woods, and Dusten Anderson. The Fine Arts Team placed 2nd with a score of 16 points. Team members are Sydney Friedman and Cora Bell. The Social Studies Team placed 3rd. Team members are Christian Cole, Noah Woods, and Ainsley Pierce. The Science Team placed 4th. Team members are Dusten Anderson, Matthew Bell, and Landon Mitchell.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 04/19/22 - 04/24/22
4:30 PM Baseball (Boys Fr) @ Reitz (Barker Sports Complex)
4:30 PM Golf (Boys V) vs. Princeton - WHCC
5:00 PM Softball (Girls V/JV) vs. Central
5:00 PM Unified Track & Field vs. North
5:00 PM Tennis (Girls V) @ Princeton
11:00 AM National Honor Society Induction Ceremony - PAC
4:00 PM Golf (Boys V) @ Bosse (Fendrich)
4:30 PM Tennis (Girls V) @ Ev. Christian (Wesselman Park)
5:00 PM Softball (Girls V) vs. Harrison *TENTATIVE*
5:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ Mater Dei
6:00 PM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Heritage Hills
Fri 4/22 - All-School Cookout & Almost Anything Goes
5:30 PM Softball (Girls V/JV) @ Southridge
6:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ North
9:00 AM Track & Field (Co-Ed V) @ Forest Park - Frosh/Soph Invite
10:00 AM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Carmi *TENTATIVE*
8:00 PM MVHS Prom - USI
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/19/22 - 04/22/22
Wednesday- Teriyaki Nuggets/NO FRY DAY
Thursday- BBQ Pulled Pork
Friday- ALL SCHOOL COOKOUT