MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday November 28, 2022 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Are you interested in making Game Days more fun for our home crowds and more difficult for opposing teams? Then come be a part of MV Pep Club-- $10 will get you a T-shirt and free admission to all home sporting events for the entire school year! ALL students are encouraged to participate and join Pep Club so that we create an ALL IN experience for all of our home games throughout the year.
- This Thursday morning at 7:15am we will meet to discuss the theme and prepare for the North Posey boys basketball game for Friday evening. Bring your friends and come join us for FREE breakfast! See Coach Lopez with any questions.
- Auditions for the Spring musical, Cinderella will be December 6th, 7th, and 8th. Sign up sheet in the choir hallway. Band and Choir Christmas Concert on December 5th at 6:30pm in the PAC.
- "Looking for a job? Look no further than the help wanted board in front of the office for possible job opportunities."
- Winter Formal is December 3rd-MVHS Cafeteria (7pm-11pm). Be on the lookout! Tickets will be sold Wednesday, Thursday and Friday during lunch this week. They will be $20. If you have a guest that is not a MVHS student, please get a form from the counseling office and return it completed to the main office. Your guest will not be able to attend if the form is not approved before purchasing their ticket.
- Donation drive for Evansville's YWCA. The YWCA provides services for domestic and sexual violence and housing for women and girls. Some ideas to donate to the YWCA are body wash/gel, bath towels and washcloths, shower loofah balls, Clorox wipes, fuzzy blankets, new bed pillows, arts and crafts kits for kids, copy paper, deodorant, razors, laundry hampers, fuzzy socks, bandaids, Play-Doh or slime. The items can be dropped off at Mr. Ungetheim, Mr. Bacon, or Mr. Krizan's room until December 9."
- Josten’s Class Ring Delivery 11:00 am - 1:00 pm at the entrance to Aux Gym during lunch
The MVHS boys basketball team tipped off the season with a win at Vincennes Rivet Tuesday night. The Cats raced out to a 36 point lead at halftime and cruised in the 2nd half to a 64-18 victory. Leading the Wildcats in scoring was Jackson Clowers with 26 points. Jack Campbell was also in double figures with 10 points.
The boys will be back on the floor for their home opener next Friday night for their home opener against rival North Posey. The JV will tip at 6pm and the Varsity will follow around 7:30pm. The theme for the night is "Whiteout" and all fans are encouraged to participate.