Daily Bulletin 11/27/23 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, November 27, 2023 - Maroon Day
12/04 - School Board Meeting @ 5:45pm
12/06 - 1st Club Cluster
12/12 - Picture Retake Day 10am
12/13 - 2nd Club Cluster
12/18 - School Board Meeting @ 5:45pm
12/18 - Gray Day FINAL EXAMS
12/19 - Maroon Day FINAL EXAMS
- Auditions for the Spring Musical, GREASE, will be held on December 13th and 14th in the PAC. The sign-up sheet is posted outside the choir room.
- Students who did not receive their pictures on Friday can stop in the main office to pick them up.
- If any student is interested in participating in the Science Olympiad competition at USI in February, please come see Mrs. Martens in room B119 sometime this week. There are trivia events, engineering events, and hands-on lab events that encompass all areas of science. Participation looks great on college and scholarship applications!
- Picture Retake Day: December 12th starting at 10:00 am. Retakes are super easy! Here is some of the basic info:
1. Students do not need to notify ahead of time if they are getting retakes.
2. If a student ordered a picture package on the original day, and they are getting a retake due to dissatisfaction, they just need to bring their package back on retake day and hand it to the photographer. They will retake the photo, let them see it, and do an even trade(reorder the same package with the new image at no charge). But they must return the package to get the new one. If someone happens to forget their package at home, we will still photograph them, they will just be marked as no package until they return the original.
3. There will be no new hardcopy order forms sent for retakes, but if someone is being photographed for the first time and is wanting to order, they need to use the online order code on the pdf I"m attaching--it's a different code than what was used on the original day.
4. If someone was photographed on the original picture day, but didn't order a package, and
is just wanting a retake for yearbook purposes, that's fine too. We do ask they give a valid reason for the retake though, just so that it doesn't get out of hand.
- Prom is April 20, 2024 at USI in Carter Hall 8:00-11:00 pm
- The Student Council is organizing an ALL IN for Christmas project that provides Christmas gifts for students in our community that may not otherwise receive gifts. They are hosting an ALL IN toy drive to ask for items that were specifically requested. Some of those items include: Soft blankets & pillows, Hairbrushes, Lotion, Deodorant, Shampoo & conditioner, Body wash, Squishmallows, LED lights, Lays chips, Crafts, Diamond art puzzles, Legos, Paint & paint brushes,Fidget toys, Bubble gum, Takis, Chocolate, Hair clips. If you donate one of the requested items, your name will be entered into a drawing for 1 of 2 gift cards. Items will be accepted through November 21, and can be brought to Ms. Block's room (B111).
Lunch Menu for week of 11/27/23-12/01/23
Monday- BBQ Pulled Pork on bun
Wednesday- Chicken Smackers
Thursday- Salisbury Steak
Friday- Hot Ham & Cheese
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.