Daily Bulletin 04/26/23 - Maroon Day - Clubs
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - Maroon Day
Upcoming Altered Schedule Dates
*Altered Day Chime Schedules can be found in (shared drives) MVHS Employee Handbook 2022-2023
Friday, April 28th - Talent Show Schedule
PAC - Coordinating Group Seating 2022-2023
Talent Show (1hr. 5mins)
Thursday, May 18th - Senior & Underclassmen Recognition Program
Monday, May 22nd - Final Exam Schedule
Tuesday, May 23rd - Final Exam Schedule
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Seniors if you haven't picked up your Graduation Cap/Gown please pick them up in the Counseling Office ASAP..
- Every Senior MUST order a new cap and gown if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony. Place your order online at www.jostens.com
- Your chromebooks will be collected on Wednesday, May 17th before Senior Recognition Practice.
- The Criminal Justice Club will meet in the A102 (FACS Kitchen) today.
- After Prom tickets will be on sale Wed. 04/26, Thurs. 04/27 & Fri. 04/28 during lunch.
- Please mark your calendar for the annual MVHS Spring Art Show on Wed. May 17 and Thurs. May 18. Classes are welcome to visit! Please let me know if you need ideas for an assignment related to your curriculum. The show will be in the high school art room F102, across from the cafeteria.
The Spring Art Show times are:
Wed. May 17 - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm and 5:00-7:00 pm
Thur. May 18 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Mount Vernon Color Guard auditions are today and May 1st, 3rd, and 8th in the high school band room from 5:45 to 7:00pm. No experience necessary, we will teach you what you need to know!"
- Free Physical Night at MVHS will be on May 10th.
- Congratulations to our girls track and field team on their 2nd place finish at the Forest Park Invite. The girls competed with a total of 8 teams at this event and many personal records were set. Lera Wilson was champion in the high jump clearing 5'0"! Cammie Ritchie placed 2nd in the shot put with a PR of 30'9"!
- Sophie Kloppenburg represented Mount Vernon by being 1 of 25 finalists for the National Honor Society Scholarship. This award recognizes students who embody character, service, scholarship and leadership. Sophie was chosen from a pool of 13, 000 applicants. She was also recognized by winning an additional scholarship & an award for her high caliber character.
ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 04/24/23 - 04/28/23
5:30 AM Baseball (V) @ Evansville Christian
4:30 PM Girls Tennis @ Central
5:30 PM Softball (V) @ Tecumseh
7:00 PM Softball (JV) @ Tecumseh
5:00 PM Baseball (V) @ Mt. Carmel
5:30 PM Boys and Girls Track & Field @ Gibson Southern
8:00 PM MVHS Jr. & Sr. Prom - USI
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/24/23 - 04/28/23
Wednesday- General Tso's Chicken
Thursday- Chicken Alfredo
Friday- Chicken Fillet
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 05/01/23 - 05/05/23
Monday- Chicken Parmesan
Tuesday- Beef Nachos
Wednesday- Chicken Smackers
Thursday- BBQ Pulled Pork
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.