Daily Bulletin 04/21/23 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, April 21, 2023 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Seniors if you haven't picked up your Graduation Cap/Gown please pick them up in the Counseling Office ASAP..
- Every Senior MUST order a new cap and gown if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony. Place your order online at www.jostens.com
- Your chromebooks will be collected on Wednesday, May 17th before Senior Recognition Practice.
- If you have lost an item, please check the main office lost and found.
- TODAY is the last day to buy prom tickets. They are $30 each. If you are taking a guest that does not go to MVHS, you must have a guest date form signed before you can purchase your prom tickets. Tickets will be sold before/after school in Mrs. Hobgood and Mrs. Walter's rooms.
- After Prom tickets will be on sale Wed. 04/26, Thurs. 04/27 & Fri. 04/28 during lunch.
- The MVHS Talent Show will be Friday, April 28th at 2:00pm. Contact Mr. Baker no today to set up an audition.
- Varsity Golf beat Benjamin Bosse High School 176-253
Mt. Vernon Boys Golf bounced back against Bosse with a score of 176-253. The Cats divided up with a Maroon and Gray team at WHCC. Leading scores were as follows: Max Hamrick (Medalist) 41, Mack Conyers 43, Logan Dutkiewicz 45, Brennan Austin 47, and Carlton Redman 48. Mason Higginson led the Gray team with a score of 51.
- Girls Varsity Tennis beat Evansville Christian High School 3-2. Varsity: 1s. Lily Denning def. Diana May 6-1, 4-6, 6-1, 2s. Kate Cashmer def. Sadie Redman 6-1, 6-1, 3s. Grace Lueder def. Emerson Hammett 6-0, 6-0, 1d. Carter/Smith def. Lily Tenbarge/Grace Tenbarge 6-0, 6-1, 2d. Ella McCune/Kate Heckert def. Brumley/Zhou 6-1, 6-1 JV: Reilly Schelhorn def. Allie Boggeman 6-2, Lilly Chapman def. Allie Boggeman 6-2, Grimm/Halsey def. Megan Osborne/Ryan Hess 6-1, Grimm/Halsey def. Faith Juncker/Ellie Blackburn 6-3, Grimm/Halsey def. Sophia Reese/Madisyn Moles 6-0
- Coed Varsity Track Unified and Field finishes 1st place at Ev. North. The Unified Track and Field team opened their season last night with a 1st place finish against Evansville North with a final score of 165 to 159. Podium finishers at the event in each respective heat/flight included: Long Jump - Ava Watters (1st); Nolan Deno (2nd), Shot Put - Nolan Deno (2nd); Jaycee Jarvis (3rd), 100m - Logan Steedman (1st); Maiya Jones (1st); Landon Deckard (1st); Drew Rapp (1st); Arlissa Sharber (2nd); Addison Dittmer (2nd); Jonathan Jarvis (2nd); Alana Bredemeir (2nd); Emily Jones (3rd), Molly Jones (3rd). 400m - Ava Watters (1st), Landon Deckard (2nd); Jaley Hamilton (2nd); Logan Steedman (3rd), 4x100 Relay - 1st Place - Nolan Deno, Logan Steedman, Jaley Hamilton, Maiya Jones The Unified Cats are back in action next week @Boonville at 5:30pm.
ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 04/17/23 - 04/21/23
5:00 PM Softball (V) vs. Southridge
6:30 PM Softball (JV) vs. Southridge
6:00 PM Baseball (JV) vs. North
9:00 AM Boys and Girls Track and Field @ Forest Park Frosh/Soph Invite
9:00 AM Special Olympics Track and Field / Bocce @ Tell City
11:30 AM Baseball (JV) @ Gibson Southern
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/17/23 - 04/21/23
Friday- Mini Corn Dogs
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/24/23 - 04/28/23
Monday- ALL SCHOOL COOKOUT
Tuesday- Salisbury Steak
Wednesday- General Tso's Chicken
Thursday- Chicken Alfredo
Friday- Chicken Fillet
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.