Daily Bulletin 03/08/23 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- All sophomores, juniors and seniors, who have a qualifying gpa of 3.5 or higher, will receive both an email and paper invitation to apply for membership to the National Honor Society. Invitations will be delivered this week. Only students who complete and submit the application by Friday, March 10th, will be considered for membership. Any student who does not receive an invitation, but feels they should have based their gpa, should see either Mr. Bacon or Mr. Bethel to discuss an application. All applications must be turned in to Mr. Bacon by Friday, March 10th.
- Friendly reminder that the NHS will hold its all-member meeting this coming Thursday, March 9th, at 7:30am. This meeting will be in the PAC instead of the Media Center. Any student unable to attend should contact either Mr. Bacon or Mr. Bethel prior to Thursday.
- SENIORS - anyone thinking about attending college next year either in fall, spring, or summer semesters should complete the FAFSA application as soon as possible. The state aid deadline is April 15. If you have any questions or need assistance, see Mrs. Rose.
- SENIORS - Please check your email for a form to submit your photos for the senior video. The form must be completed before March 24, 2023 in order to have your responses in the video! If you need to have your photos scanned, please see Ms. Block in room B111. Please remember, ALL photos must be school appropriate!
- SENIORS: Reminder every Senior MUST order a new cap and gown if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony. Place your order online at www.jostens.com
- SENIORS: Josten’s will be delivering graduation product orders on Monday, April 3rd from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm in the cafeteria commons.
- April 29, 20223 - Prom at USI in Carter Hall from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Tickets will be sold 3 weeks prior to prom and tickets will be $30 each.
Congratulations to FCCLA who just attended the State Conference. The following awards were received:
Gold Honor Chapter
Game On Award
Sadie Redman received the Ultimate Leadership Award
The following advance to Nationals in Colorado:
Emma Elderkin, Abbi Dosher, Calee Schneider, Brandi Schu, Kendra Hess, Amelia Hudson, Alayna Reising
Congratulations to all the DECA students who competed at the state competition this week. 3000 students from across Indiana competed for an opportunity to attend the DECA International Competition in Orlando, Florida in April. The following students won awards:
Malley Wagner and Kyra Rainey - Top 10 Finalist - Entrepreneurship Team
The following students won awards and will represent Indiana at the international competition:
Scott Russell - 4th place - Financial Literacy
Lily Hagan - 4th place - Business Finance
Kaleigh Kelley and Sophie Kloppenburg - 4th place - Hospitality Team
Rylan Paul and Carson Tucker - 3rd place - Financial Services Team
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 03/06/23 - 03/10/23
Wed 3/8 6:00 PM Girls Basketball Banquet - Café
Thu 3/9 3:30 PM Spring Sport Pictures - Unified Track, Boys & Girls Track and Softball
6:00 PM Cheer Banquet - Café
Sat 3/11 TBD Drumline and Winter Guard @ Tales Creek Competition
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 03/06/23 - 03/10/23
Wednesday- Chicken Tenders
Thursday- Chili w/fries
Friday- Beef Nachos
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.mvschool.org/