Daily Bulletin 03/07/23 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, March 7, 2023 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
Mr. Krizan’s classes and Ms. Burnett’s classes should report to the Media Center today.
- All sophomores, juniors and seniors, who have a qualifying gpa of 3.5 or higher, will receive both an email and paper invitation to apply for membership to the National Honor Society. Invitations will be delivered this week. Only students who complete and submit the application by Friday, March 10th, will be considered for membership. Any student who does not receive an invitation, but feels they should have based their gpa, should see either Mr. Bacon or Mr. Bethel to discuss an application. All applications must be turned in to Mr. Bacon by Friday, March 10th.
- Friendly reminder that the NHS will hold its all-member meeting this coming Thursday, March 9th, at 7:30am. This meeting will be in the PAC instead of the Media Center. Any student unable to attend should contact either Mr. Bacon or Mr. Bethel prior to Thursday.
- SENIORS - anyone thinking about attending college next year either in fall, spring, or summer semesters should complete the FAFSA application as soon as possible. The state aid deadline is April 15. If you have any questions or need assistance, see Mrs. Rose.
- SENIORS - Please check your email for a form to submit your photos for the senior video. The form must be completed before March 24, 2023 in order to have your responses in the video! If you need to have your photos scanned, please see Ms. Block in room B111. Please remember, ALL photos must be school appropriate!
- SENIORS: Reminder every Senior MUST order a new cap and gown if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony. Place your order online at www.jostens.com
- SENIORS: Josten’s will be delivering graduation product orders on Monday, April 3rd from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm in the cafeteria commons.
- April 29, 20223 - Prom at USI in Carter Hall from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Tickets will be sold 3 weeks prior to prom and tickets will be $30 each.
The Super Bowl Team finished 3rd place in the PAC competition. The English Team place 1st with a perfect score of 25 points. Team members are Brenna Julian, Emma Fischer, and Abby Reis. The Math Team placed 1st with a score of 17 points. Rossy Hollinger competed alone by outscoring 11 other teams of three or more students. The Fine Arts Team tied for 2nd place with 15 points. Team members are Cora Bell, Grace Tenbarge, and Kai Wallace.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 03/06/23 - 03/10/23
Tue 3/7 No Activities
Wed 3/8 6:00 PM Girls Basketball Banquet - Café
Thu 3/9 3:30 PM Spring Sport Pictures - Unified Track, Boys & Girls Track and Softball
6:00 PM Cheer Banquet - Café
Sat 3/11 TBD Drumline and Winter Guard @ Tales Creek Competition
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 03/06/23 - 03/10/23
Tuesday- Chicken Parmesan
Wednesday- Chicken Tenders
Thursday- Chili w/fries
Friday- Beef Nachos
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.mvschool.org/