Daily Bulletin 02/09/23 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday February 9, 2023 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Studio B will be at the high school today from 10am - 2pm to photograph seniors that have not gotten their picture taken and any other student that didn’t get their picture taken.
- All detention hours must be served by Friday, February 17th. Detentions can be served after school in Room B116, or before school outside of Mr. Fischer’s office. Failure to serve detention hours by this deadline will result in disciplinary action.
- This week is National School Counselors week please stop by the counseling office and thank your guidance counselors for all that they do for MVHS.
- Mount Vernon Key Club's Wildcats for Riley's event is this Friday, Feb. 10th from 5-6 pm in the Auxiliary Gym! All students are invited to attend for a night of food, games, and fun!
- Seniors - Please check your email for a form to submit your photos for the senior video. The form must be completed before March 24, 2023 in order to have your responses in the video! If you need to have your photos scanned, please see Ms. Block in room B111. Please remember, ALL photos must be school appropriate!
- Juniors please watch for email from counseling regarding 2023 FBI Indianapolis Youth Leadership Academy.
- SENIORS: Reminder every Senior MUST order a new cap and gown if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony. Place your order online at www.jostens.com
- Josten’s will be delivering graduation product orders on Monday, April 3rd from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm in the cafeteria commons.
- April 29, 20223 - Prom at USI in Carter Hall from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Tickets will be sold 3 weeks prior to prom and tickets will be $30 each.
Fifteen MVHS students competed at the 2nd Annual Scholastic Contest at Oakland City University. Our Squad tested their skills against students from the Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois Tri State Area. MVHS defeated 12 schools to finish the day as Team Champion.
Individual student placement:
Carson Tucker placed 1st in Algebra and Economics
Brenna Julian placed 1st in Literature
Ashley Lilleston placed 2nd in English Grammar
Scott Russell placed 3rd in Western Civilization
Sophie Kloppenburg placed 3rd in Biology
Rylan Paul placed 3rd in Chemistry
Khai Willard placed 3rd in Psychology
Rossy Hollinger placed 3rd in Economics
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 02/06/23 - 02/11/22
4:00 PM eSports Competition - Rocket League
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 02/06/23-02/11/23
Thursday- Chili w/fries
Friday- Beef Nachos/ NO FRY DAY
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.