Daily Bulletin 11/21/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, November 21th - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Winter Formal is December 3rd-MVHS Cafeteria (7pm-11pm) Be on the lookout! Tickets will be sold today and tomorrow during lunch. They will also be sold Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after Thanksgiving. They will be $20. If you have a guest that is not a MVHS student, please get a form from the counseling office and return it completed to the main office. Your guest will not be able to attend if the form is not approved before purchasing their ticket.
- On November 28, 2022 all student drivers MUST have a parking sticker displayed on their vehicle to park on school property. Parking stickers can be purchased from Mrs. Tucker in the bookstore for $10.00. Failure to purchase a parking sticker will result in loss of parking privileges on school grounds and disciplinary action.
- Donation drive for Evansville's YWCA. The YWCA provides services for domestic and sexual violence and housing for women and girls. Some ideas to donate to the YWCA are body wash/gel, bath towels and washcloths, shower loofah balls, Clorox wipes, fuzzy blankets, new bed pillows, arts and crafts kits for kids, copy paper, deodorant, razors, laundry hampers, fuzzy socks, bandaids, Play-Doh or slime. The items can be dropped off at Mr. Ungetheim, Mr. Bacon, or Mr. Krizan's room until December 9."
- November 21 at 3:30 p.m. - Teen Cuisine - Tiffany Haug of Purdue Extension will be at the Alexandrian Public Library to teach teens about nutrition and cooking. For high school students (ages 14-18). Designed to equip teens with necessary life skills and the knowledge to make healthier choices, Teen Cuisine also features exciting hands-on cooking classes and pulse-rising exercise sessions. Registration is open.
- The Girls Varsity Wrestling team competed in their first wrestling meet of the season with Hannah West placing 1st in her division.
- Girls Varsity Swimming placed 2nd in their invitational. First place finishers were
Kaleigh Kelley in the 50 Freestyle and 100 Breaststroke
The 200 Freestyle Relay of Sophie Kloppenburg, Maddie Maier, Malley Wagner, and Kaleigh Kelley
And the 400 Freestyle Relay of Julien Glover, Maddie Maier, Jaley Hamilton, and Sophie Kloppenburg
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 11/21/22 - 11/25/22
Mon 11/21 4:30 PM Winter Drumline Tryouts
6:00 PM Basketball (Boys Fr) vs. Princeton
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 11/21/22 - 11/25/22
Monday- Build-A-Burger w/fries
Tuesday- Lasagna/ NO FRY DAY
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.