Daily Bulletin 11/03/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, November 3rd - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS
- "The NHS will hold its next all-member meeting on Thursday Nov 10th, at 7:30am in the media center. Members unable to attend due to school commitments, are required to notify the NHS sponsors (Mr. Bacon or Mr. Bethel) in advance. The NHS also reminds all students there are now less than 30 school days left this semester. Get your work done now."
- Any male interested in being a cheer lifter for basketball season, email or see
Mrs. Schneider by Friday, November 4th.
- November 7, 14 and 21 at 3:30 p.m. - Teen Cuisine - Tiffany Haug of Purdue Extension will be at the Alexandrian Public Library to teach teens about nutrition and cooking. For high school students (ages 14-18). Designed to equip teens with necessary life skills and the knowledge to make healthier choices, Teen Cuisine also features exciting hands-on cooking classes and pulse-rising exercise sessions. Registration is open.
- The senior ceiling tile painting day is still scheduled for this Saturday, November 5th. Hours to come and paint are 10:00 am- 2 pm. For those attending, make sure to go out and purchase your own paints and paintbrushes because they will not be provided. It is not too late to turn in your form to attend the event if you haven’t yet.
- Are you a good detective? Want to participate in solving a mystery? If you can solve all 6 clues throughout the week you could win 2 free tickets to the upcoming production of “Clue” here at the MV Performing Arts Center and a $25.00 gift card to AMC! Stop by the office and pick up a “how to participate form” and the clue of the day. Each day you will need to go to the office to pick up a new clue. Also listen to announcements during the reading period for additional hints. The first person to solve all 6 clues and turn in findings by Friday, Nov. 4th @ 2pm will be the winner. Winner will be announced on Nov. 7th. Good Luck!
Clue #1:Find the individual that often is creating so much noise. Outside the windows of this room you will find goals.
Clue #2: Perhaps you need to look with a larger lens for the clue.
- Seniors: Need help completing the FAFSA? Sunday, Nov 6 at 2:00 financial aid experts will assist with FAFSA completion. The location for the Evansville area is Ivy Tech. See Mrs. Rose for details and what to take.
- MVHS will be hosting a blood drive this Friday, November 4. You may sign up to give using the google form link that will be emailed to you. To give blood you must
- Be in good general health and feeling well
- Be at least 17-years-old, or 16-years-old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 10/31/22 - 11/04/22
5:30 PM Basketball (Girls JV/V) @ Harrison
9:00am - 2:00 pm MVHS Red Cross Blood Drive HIgh School athletic foyer.
11:00 AM Senior Class Tile Painting - Café
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 10/31/22 - 11/04/22
Thursday- Chicken Pot Pie/ NO FRY DAY
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.