Daily Bulletin 11/01/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, November 1st - Maroon Day - Club Schedule Cluster #1
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Today is the 1st Club Cluster and the following clubs will meet. Art Guild - Rm F104, Board Games - Canceled for today, JAG Career Association - Rm C118, Creativity Club - Rm B106, DECA - Rm B105, FCA - Main Gym, FCCLA - Rm A106, FFA Club - Rm E102, Jazz Club - Rm J116, Video Club - Rm B111, Wildcat Literary Society - Rm A213
- November 7, 14 and 21 at 3:30 p.m. - Teen Cuisine - Tiffany Haug of Purdue Extension will be at the Alexandrian Public Library to teach teens about nutrition and cooking. For high school students (ages 14-18). Designed to equip teens with necessary life skills and the knowledge to make healthier choices, Teen Cuisine also features exciting hands-on cooking classes and pulse-rising exercise sessions. Registration is open.
- The senior ceiling tile painting day is still scheduled for this Saturday, November 5th. Hours to come and paint are 10:00 am- 2 pm. For those attending, make sure to go out and purchase your own paints and paintbrushes because they will not be provided. It is not too late to turn in your form to attend the event if you haven’t yet.
- Are you a good detective? Want to participate in solving a mystery? If you can solve all 6 clues throughout the week you could win 2 free tickets to the upcoming production of “Clue” here at the MV Performing Arts Center and a $25.00 gift card to AMC!
Stop by the office and pick up a “how to participate form” and the clue of the day. Each day you will need to go to the office to pick up a new clue. Also listen to announcements during the reading period for additional hints. The first person to solve all 6 clues and turn in findings by Friday, Nov. 4th @ 2pm will be the winner. Winner will be announced on Nov. 7th. Good Luck!
Today’s Clue: Find the teacher that would most likely write about this bold color of a character. What might they use if we should lose electricity?
She will be found above others.
- Seniors: Need help completing the FAFSA? Sunday, Nov 6 at 2:00 financial aid experts will assist with FAFSA completion. The location for the Evansville area is Ivy Tech. See Mrs. Rose for details and what to take.
- MVHS will be hosting a blood drive on Friday, November 4. You may sign up to give using the google form link that will be emailed to you. To give blood you must
- Be in good general health and feeling well
- Be at least 17-years-old, or 16-years-old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- This is Red Ribbon Week. Spirit days are:
Friday - #WEAREMV #WEAREDRUGFREE School Spirit Day
Please remember all spirit day wear should abide by the dress code.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 10/31/22 - 11/04/22
3:15 PM Wrestling (Boys) - 1st official practice
5:00 PM Spell Bowl Area Competition - Aux Gym
6:00 PM Basketball (Girls V) - Team Scrimmage - Main Gym
1:10 PM Students Early Dismissal
5:30 PM Basketball (Girls JV/V) @ Harrison
9:00am - 2:00 pm MVHS Red Cross Blood Drive HIgh School athletic foyer.
11:00 AM Senior Class Tile Painting - Café
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 10/31/22 - 11/04/22
Tuesday- BBQ Pulled Pork/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Chicken Tenders/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Chicken Pot Pie/ NO FRY DAY