Daily Bulletin 10/17/22 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, October 17 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- There is a coat drive going on in the Media Center. Please bring your gently used coats to the donation box.
- Picture Retake Day has been rescheduled to Tuesday, October 25th.
- The senior ceiling tile painting day is November 5th from 11am-6pm. Forms to attend the event are now in Mr. Krizan’s room to be picked up. This form must be filled out and turned in to Mr Krizan by Friday, October 21 in order to participate.
- Don't be scared! You've got time to order Boo grams! Student Council will be selling Boo Grams October 17-28 every morning in both foyers and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during lunches. Grams are $1, and will be delivered on Halloween.
- The MVHS marching band advanced to state semi-finals and was awarded distinction in visual performance!
- The Wildcats finished off the regular season with a big win over Washington last night 56-0. The Cats scored 21 points in each of the first two quarters to hold a huge 42-0 lead at halftime and a running clock in the second half. The Cats were led in rushing by junior RB Kortez Stewart, who rushed for 162 yards and 2 TDs (61 and 71 yd runs). The Cats totaled 363 yards rushing as a team, as multiple backs had good nights carrying the ball. Ryder Snodgrass punched in 2 TDs on the ground as well. Nicot Burnett passed for 4 TDs to lead the aerial attack. He connected with Jackson Clowers for 2 , Hunter Pedrotti, and Brady Schickel for passing scores. Defensively, the Cats shutout the Hatchets by playing with great effort and enthusiasm. Defensive linemen Payne Healy, Abe Thomas, Beau Baldwin, Brady Ford, and Brady Schickel were in the Hatchets backfield all game long. Schickel was able to add 2 more sacks to his impressive season total. Colten Schneider had a big night at linebacker, leading the Cats in tackles and registering a sack; his senior linebacker teammate Ethan Yarber was not far behind in tackles on the night, as the duo attacked the Washington ball carriers all game long. Senior Darius Hawkins had 3 tackles, including a forced fumble that was recovered by teammate Ryan Kelley. The Wildcats finish the regular season with a 5-4 record; which makes it 5 straight regular seasons with a winning record for MV Football. The Cats open sectional play against the Owen Valley Patriots next Friday at home, kickoff at 7pm. We need all of Mount Vernon to be in attendance to help us knock off the Patriots! Go Cats!
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 10/17/22 - 10/21/22
- Monday 10/17
7:00 PM Fall Vocal Music Concert - PAC
- Tuesday 10/18
11:00 AM Tech School presentation to Sophomores - PAC
3:30 PM Girls Basketball - 1st day of practice - Main Gym
4:00 PM Spell Bowl - MV Classic - Aux Gym
- Wednesday 10/19
11:00 AM College Visit - University of Evansville - Aux Gym Foyer
6:00 PM Cross Country banquet - Café
- Thursday 10/20
6:00 PM Financial Aid Night - Media Center
- Friday 10/21
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional vs. Owen Valley ***Sectional tickets will by $7 and MVHS passes will not be accepted***
- Saturday 10/22
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 10/17/22 - 10/21/22
- Monday- Salisbury Steak/ NO FRY DAY
- Tuesday- Mini Corn Dogs/ NO FRY DAY
- Wednesday- Chicken Smackers
- Thursday- Loaded Baked Potato/ NO FRY DAY
- Friday- Build-A-Burger w/ fries
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.mvschool.org/