Daily Bulletin 09/30/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, September 30 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- NO Detention after school today!
- Ms. Haley’s 3rd & 4th period classes should report to the media center.
- This is Free Money Friday! Want free money for college? The best way to start is to complete the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, during your senior year. Indiana is 1st in the Midwest and 5th in the nation for providing state financial aid. Also, by completing the FAFSA you are eligible for federal student loans which have better rates, repayment options, and forgiveness options than bank loans.Some scholarships require the FAFSA and some colleges won’t give institutional scholarships unless it has been completed.The FAFSA opens tomorrow, and the Indiana filing deadline is April 15. MVHS will have financial aid night on October 20 at 6:00. If you would like assistance completing the FAFSA, there is a help day on Nov 6 from 2-4 at Ivy Tech for all area students. If you have financial aid questions, see Mrs. Rose in the Counseling Office.
- All seniors, please fill out the Google Form labeled Senior Ceiling Tiles in your email.
- Thursday, October 6th - Robotics Call Out Meeting in the Main Office Conference Room during reading period.
- Wednesday, October 5th Clubs will start - 1st Club Cluster Meeting.
- Tuesday, October 11th - 2nd Club Cluster will meet.
- Wednesday, October 12th - All Freshman, Sophomore & Juniors will take the PSAT
- Thursday, October 13th - Picture Retake Day
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/25/22 - 09/30/22
11:00 AM College Visit - Marian University - Aux Gym Foyer
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) @ Gibson Southern
9:30 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) - PAC Conference Meet @ Gibson Southern 10:00 AM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) @ Forest Park
10:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional Championship
7:15 PM Marching Wildcats Competition @ Muhlenberg County (KY)
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/25/22 - 09/30/22
Friday- BBQ Nachos/ NO FRY DAY
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.