Daily Bulletin 09/27/22 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, September 27 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Today is college t-shirt day. Email or text a pic of you in your college shirt to Mrs. Rose to be entered to win a prize. Tomorrow is Warring Wednesday so we are going to prepare by talking about graduates from 2 rival colleges, IU and Purdue. These titans graduated from IU:
1. Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks and investor on Shark Tank.
2. Suzanne Collins, writer of Hunger Games
3. Kyle Schwarber, Major League Baseball pitcher
4. But the biggest stars of IU are Mrs. Feagley, Mrs. Arvin, Mrs. Steinhart, and Mrs. Moore
These titans graduated from Purdue:
1. Drew Brees, former quarterback of the New Orleans Saints
2. Neil Armstrong, astronaut
3. Jim Gaffigan, comedian and TV and film producer
4. But the BIGGEST stars of Purdue are Mr. Jesch and Mrs. Fuelling!
How can you participate? Get a friend and wear colors of rival colleges like USI and Kentucky Wesleyan OR Purdue and IU, for example. Or wear both colors yourself. Be sure to send pics of you participating throughout the week to Mrs. Rose to be posted on social media and to be entered to win a prize.
Wednesday there will also be a scavenger hunt. There will be 10 pictures of teachers and even Mr. Jones posted around the inside of the school. The first person to email a pic of all 10 to Mrs. Rose will win a prize!
- Students can purchase parking tags in the bookstore for $10.
- Picture Retakes: Thursday, October 13th
- Robotics Call Out Meeting October 6th in the Main Office Conference Room during reading period.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/25/22 - 09/30/22
6:00 PM Girls Golf Banquet - JH Cafeteria
6:00 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Gibson Southern - Sr. Night
6:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) @ North Posey
7:30 AM See You At The Pole - Sponsored by FCA (Flag pole on the Track) 4:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional
4:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional
5:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) vs. Central
11:00 AM College Visit - Marian University - Aux Gym Foyer
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) @ Gibson Southern
9:30 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) - PAC Conference Meet @ Gibson Southern 10:00 AM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) @ Forest Park
10:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional Championship
7:15 PM Marching Wildcats Competition @ Muhlenberg County (KY)
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/25/22 - 09/30/22
Tuesday- Lasagna/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- General Tso's Chicken
Thursday- Scrambled Eggs & sausage link w/hash brown
Friday- BBQ Nachos/ NO FRY DAY