Daily Bulletin 09/26/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, September 26 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- College Go Week!
Today is military career awareness. Here are some facts about the US Military:
- There are 1,100 career specialties within the US military.
- Some service members work in occupations specific to the military such as fighter pilots or infantrymen, but many work in occupations that also exist in the civilian world such as nurses, doctors, and lawyers.
- There are currently more than 1.4 million active duty personnel which is less than a ½% of the US population.
- In the military, you can potentially see the world as the US Military has bases in at least 74 countries. The military is heavily involved in disaster relief.
For more information, check out the Occupational Outlook Handbook or defense.gov and scroll down to DOD military websites.
Tuesday: College t-shirt
Wednesday: Warring Wednesday-get a friend and wear colors of rival schools such as IU and Purdue or USI and Kentucky Wesleyan for example or wear both colors yourself!
Thursday: Your future's so bright, WEAR NEON
Friday: Your future starts here-wear maroon, gray, and white
- Starting today you can purchase parking tags in the bookstore for $10.
- MVHS is collecting books for a future project, and we need your help! Please bring gently used or new children's books to Mr. Ungetheim's room C116.
- Picture Retakes: Thursday, October 13th
The MVHS Marching Wildcats were awarded the best Color Guard in their class this past weekend.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/25/22 - 09/30/22
5:30 PM Soccer (Boys V) @ Reitz (EVSC Fields)
6:00 PM Football (Boys JV) @ Boonville
6:00 PM Girls Golf Banquet - JH Cafeteria
6:00 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Gibson Southern - Sr. Night
6:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) @ North Posey
7:30 AM See You At The Pole - Sponsored by FCA (Flag pole on the Track) 4:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional
4:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional
5:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) vs. Central
11:00 AM College Visit - Marian University - Aux Gym Foyer
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) @ Gibson Southern
9:30 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) - PAC Conference Meet @ Gibson Southern 10:00 AM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) @ Forest Park
10:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional Championship
7:15 PM Marching Wildcats Competition @ Muhlenberg County (KY)
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/25/22 - 09/30/22
Monday- Chicken Filet/ NO FRY DAY
Tuesday- Lasagna/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- General Tso's Chicken
Thursday- Scrambled Eggs & sausage link w/hash brown
Friday- BBQ Nachos/ NO FRY DAY
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.