Daily Bulletin 09/22/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, September 22 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- At this time any FCCLA members and those interested in becoming a member should be in Mrs. Schneider’s room for a meeting. Also a reminder all wanting to join FCCLA this year forms and dues MUST be turned in by tomorrow.
- Reminder to students that ride Bus 3 you will now be riding bus 35 permanently and should wait at circle drive to board the bus after school.
- MVHS is collecting books for a future project, and we need your help! Please bring gently used or new children's books to Mr. Ungetheim's room C116."
- During lunch today and tomorrow, there will be spirit wear available to purchase for the homecoming game Friday. Items will also be sold at the game. Items for sale are spirit beads for $2 and eye blacks for $4. There is also a teacher homecoming where students can donate money to vote for their favorite teacher. All the money raised from the teacher homecoming will go to Avery’s Place.
- Mark your calendars - MV Homecoming Dance will be this Saturday, September 24 from 8-11 pm. Tickets are $10 and will be on sale during lunch on September 21-23. In order to bring someone that is not a student at MVHS, you must get approval BEFORE buying tickets. Forms can be picked up in the counseling office.
- Picture Retakes: Thursday, October 13th
- Homecoming Spirit Week Days this week:
Thursday: Turkey Hunting (camo)- Time for turkey! Dress for a hunting success by wearing camo.
Friday: Class Colors- Show your class pride! Go all out with the color that corresponds with your grade level: Freshman-white, Sophomore- gray, Junior- maroon, Senior- Black. Each morning at 8:00 we ask anyone who has dressed up for that day’s spirit wear to come to the athletic foyer for a photo.
- Boys Varsity Tennis beat Tell City High School 5-0
- Rylan Paul (Walkover Victory)
- Adam Burke (Walkover Victory)
- Reese Harshbarger (Walkover Victory)
- Khai Willard/Micah Luckett (Walkover Victory)
- Hunter Spaulding/Masyn Dye def. Morgan/Roesch 6-3, 6-0
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/19/22 - 09/23/22
5:00 PM Tennis (Boys V) vs. Tecumseh
5:30 PM Soccer (Boys V/JV) vs. Boonville - Sr. Night
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) vs. Boonville - Homecoming
TBD Golf (Girls V) - IHSAA Regional @ Country Oaks
9:15 AM Volleyball (Girls V) @ Martinsville's Artesian Classic Tournament
9:30 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V/JV) @ Pike Central Invite (Pride's Creek)
2:00 PM Soccer (Girls V) vs. Washington - Sr. Night
7:30 PM Marching Wildcats Competition @ Ev. North
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/19/22 - 09/23/22
Thursday- Loaded Baked Potato/ NO FRY DAY
Friday- Build-A-Burger w/fries