Daily Bulletin 09/15/22 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, September 15th - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Maty Burnett has been nominated for the MaxPreps Indiana High School Athlete of the Week Award.
- The MP AOW awards are decided by fan vote.
- Voting is live and will conclude at noon on Monday, Sept. 19.
- You may vote as often as you like. The TOP vote-getters (2 or more) will earn awards. CLICK HERE TO VOTE
- Key Club will have a meeting tomorrow Friday, September 16th in the PAC at 7:40. New and returning members are all welcome to attend! Please contact Mr. Ungetheim if you have any questions.
- Any student interested in playing PowderPuff football at the Homecoming Pep Session please see Ms. Block or Ms. Burnett before Monday, September 19. This is a FLAG football game and there will not be tackling. We currently need at least 20 more participants in order to run the game. If we do not get any more participants by Monday, we will be forced to cancel the event.
- Students, please bring money to lunch next week to vote for a faculty homecoming king and queen. All proceeds will be going to Avery's Place to help build an all-inclusive playground.
- All underclassmen, check your email for a survey about a new career pathway for CNA’s. Please respond to the survey during the Reading Period.
- Please click on the link provided through your email and vote for Kortez Stewart. Open multiple browsers to vote more than once.
- Friday, September 23rd we will be on an Altered Schedule for PEP Session.
1/5 8:05-9:15 1st Lunch Release: 11:05-11:35
2/6 9:25-10:35 2nd Lunch Release: 11:30-12:00
3/7 10:45-12:45 3rd Lunch Release: 11:50-12:20
4/8 12:55-2:05 4th Lunch Release: 12:10-12:40
PEP Session 2:15-3:05
- Mark your calendars - MV Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, September 24 from 8-11 pm. Tickets will be on sale during lunch on September 21-23. In order to bring someone that is not a student at MVHS, you must get approval BEFORE buying tickets. Forms can be gotten from the counseling office.
- Yearbooks from last year have arrived! Yearbooks are being distributed each school day during the reading period. Current MVHS students are welcome to stop by A214 between classes or before or after school to pick up their yearbook. Last year’s graduates can email Mrs. Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and arrange to pick up their yearbook in the main office student Pick Up table.
- Picture Retakes: Thursday, October 13th
- Homecoming Spirit Week Days for next week.
Monday: USA- Show your American pride by dressing out in red, white, and blue!
Tuesday: Which Witch (twin day) - Come to school twinning with your ghouly friend. On this day, we won’t be able to tell which witch is which!
Wednesday: Show Your Heart (pink out)- Why not celebrate Valentine’s Day a few months early? Show your love by going all out in PINK!
Thursday: Turkey Hunting (camo)- Time for turkey! Dress for a hunting success by wearing camo.
Friday: Class Colors- Show your class pride! Go all out with the color that corresponds with your grade level: Freshman-white, Sophomore- gray, Junior- maroon, Senior- Black
- Reminder to all wanting to join FCCLA this year; forms and due MUST be turned in by Friday, September 23
To Carson Tucker & Rossi Hollinger for being named National Merit Semifinalists in the 2023 National Merit Scholarship Program. Carson & Rossi are among 16,000 semifinalists nationwide who are being recognized for their exceptional PSAT scores during their junior year. These students are also eligible to continue in the competition for the honor of becoming a National Merit Scholar and earn a National Merit Scholarship.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/12/22 - 09/16/22
5:30 PM Soccer (Boys V) vs. Harrison
5:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) @ Pike Central
5:30 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Princeton
6:30 PM Football (Boys V) @ Forest Park
7:00 AM Golf (Girls V) - IHSAA Sectional (Fendrich)
9:00 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) @ Crawford County Invite
9:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) vs. South Spencer/Washington
10:00 AM Soccer (Girls V) @ Heritage Hills
2:30 PM Soccer (Boys V/JV) @ Washington
7:50 PM Marching Wildcats Competition @ Paoli High School
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/12/22 - 09/16/22
Thursday- Hot Ham & Cheese w/fries
Friday- Beef Nachos/ NO FRY DAY