Daily Bulletin 09/07/22 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, September 7th - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Tomorrow is PICTURE DAY: Beginning at 7:15 - faculty
- 8:05 Gym classes
- 8:30 Mrs. Merrick's class
- 8:50 Juniors last names A-M
- 9:10 Juniors last names N-Z
- 9:40 Sophomores last names A-M
- 10:00 Sophomores last names N-Z
- 10:10 Opportunity students AM group, credit recovery students, and Tech school students leaving in the afternoon
- 10:20 Freshmen last names A-M
- 10:40 Freshmen last names N-Z
- 11:00 Tech school students returning to school
- 12:20 Opportunity students PM group
- The Mount Vernon High School volleyball team along with the Mount Vernon Junior High volleyball team are partnering and hosting a fundraiser to benefit Rylie Nurrenbern who is battling a severe illness. Proceeds will be donated to the Nurrenburn Family. Please support this fundraiser by ordering a t-shirt. https://family-notions.square.site/
- Mark your calendars - MV Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, September 24 from 8-11 pm. Tickets will be on sale during lunch on September 21-23.
- The National Honor Society will meet this THURSDAY morning at 7:30AM in the MEDIA CENTER. Any students unable to attend due to school related activities should see either Mr. Bethel OR Mr. Bacon PRIOR to Thursday.
- Students who had trouble setting up their Parchment account should see Mrs. Rose by today.
- Yearbooks from last year have arrived!
Yearbooks are being distributed each school day during the reading period. Current MVHS students are welcome to stop by A214 between classes or before or after school to pick up their yearbook. Last year’s graduates can email Mrs. Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and arrange to pick up their yearbook in the main office student Pick Up table.
- Picture Day: Thursday September 8th Picture Retakes: Thursday October 13th
- GRADUATION PRODUCTS & CLASS RING ORDERS:
Josten’s will be accepting orders for class rings and graduation products this Thursday, September 8th (10am-1pm) & (3pm-6pm) during lunch. Their table will be set up at the entrance of the auxiliary during lunch.
You can also order online at https://www.jostens.com, Click on Find My School, Type in search bar: Mount Vernon High School Mount Vernon, Indiana
Congratulations to the…
- The Wildcat Football team notched their second win of the season this past Friday night, beating the Princeton Tigers 42-7. The Wildcats tallied 491 total yards (345 rush, 146 passing) in a dominating performance. Kortez Stewart rushed for 197 yards and a touchdown, while also throwing a TD to Jackson Clowers. Colton Lippe also rushed for 2 TDs in the win. Jackson Clowers hauled in 3 receiving TDs.Parker Willard and Shane Krieger led the Cats in tackles on defense; the Cats held the Tigers to just 180 total yards. Jacob Swartz intercepted a Tiger passing attempt. The Cats move to 2-1 on the season and make the trek to Jeffersonville this Friday to take on the Red Devils.
- Girls Varsity Golf team for their win over Signature School last night. Hadley Weatherford - 50, Olivia Culley - 50, Haley Rutledge - 54, Hannah Carr - 58, Jillian Higginson - 60, Shelby Lang - 65
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/06/22 - 09/09/22
4:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) @ Mater Dei
7:00 AM Underclassmen Picture Day
10:00 AM Graduation Products and Class Ring Orders - Café Commons
3:00 PM Graduation Products and Class Ring Orders - Athletic Foyer
4:15 PM Tennis (Boys V) vs. Bosse
4:30 PM Golf (Girls V) @ Southridge/Tell City (Huntingburg Country Club)
5:30 PM Soccer (Boys V) vs. Gibson Southern
5:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) @ South Spencer
6:30 PM Football (Boys V) @ Jeffersonville
9:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) - Mt. Vernon Invite
9:30 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) @ Mater Dei Invite (Angel Mounds)
11:00 AM Football (Boys JV) vs. Jeffersonville
3:00 PM Soccer (Boys V) vs. Tell City
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/06/22 - 09/09/22
Wednesday- Teriyaki Nuggets/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Tacos/ NO FRY DAY
Friday- Stromboli w/ curly fries
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.mvschool.org/