Daily Bulletin 08/31 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Mrs. Spindler’s 7th & 8th period classes today should report to the media center.
- Starting next week Tuesday, September 6th the following changes will be in place:
Mrs. Kavanaugh’s 3rd period study hall will meet in B116
Mrs. Block’s 7th period study hall will meet in B116
Regular Study Hall & Detention will meet in B116
- “If you are wanting to be removed from the homecoming election ballot, please email Mrs. Block (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday morning.”
- Yearbooks from last year have arrived!
Yearbooks are being distributed each school day during the reading period. Current MVHS students are welcome to stop by A214 between classes or before or after school to pick up their yearbook. Last year’s graduates can email Mrs. Thomas (email@example.com) and arrange to pick up their yearbook in the main office student Pick Up table.
- Looking for extra help with your classes? Peer tutoring is resuming on Tuesday, September 6th at 7:30 AM every morning in the Media Center. Students can receive help on any subject, all they have to do is show up!
- Bus 10 students will be riding Bus 2211 (twenty two - eleven) until further notice.
- Picture Day: Thursday September 8th Picture Retakes: Thursday October 13th
- The JV Wildcat Football team got its first win Monday night at South Spencer by a score of 28-6. They moved to 1-1 on the season. The Wildcat defense led the way through the first three quarters before allowing just one score in the 4th quarter. Ryan Kelley had an interception for the Wildcats. Shane Krieger scooped up a fumble and returned it for a TD as well. Offensively, QB Ryder Snodgrass ran for 2 TDs, and Hunter Pedrotti added one as well. The JV Cats will head to Princeton next Tuesday with a 6pm kickoff.
- The Lady Wildcats beat Boonville 3-2. Leading the offense was Mallory Nurrenbern with 16 kills, Kaleigh Kelley had 13 kills, Arlissa Sharber, Cassidy Jones and Hannah Seifert had 8 kills each. Kaleigh Kelley led the defense with 21 digs, Brooke Sledd had 19 digs, Arlissa Sharber had 17 digs. Kaleigh Kelley and Arlissa Sharber both had 4 aces during the game. The Lady Wildcats are now 7-2 on the season. They play at home against Reitz on Thursday.
GRADUATION PRODUCTS: There will be a senior class informational meeting regarding graduation products with Josten’s rep.on Friday, September 2nd (8:15-8:35) in the PAC.
CLASS RINGS: There will be a sophomore class information meeting regarding class rings with Josten’s rep. on Friday, September 2nd (9:45am-10:05am) in the PAC.
GRADUATION PRODUCTS & CLASS RING ORDERS: Josten’s will be accepting orders for class rings and graduation products on September 8th (10am-1pm) & (3pm-6pm) during lunch. Their table will be set up at the entrance of the auxiliary during lunch.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 08/29/22 - 09/02/22
5:00 PM Soccer (Boys V) @ Mount Carmel (Wabash Valley College)
4:30 PM Golf (Girls V) @ Mt. Carmel/Princeton
4:45 PM Tennis (Boys V) @ Gibson Southern
5:00 PM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) @ Gibson Southern - Alan Hopewell Class Invite
6:00 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Reitz
8:15 AM Jostens - Senior Meeting (Graduation Products) - PAC
9:45 AM Jostens - Sophomore Meeting (Class Rings) - PAC
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) vs. Princeton
9:00 AM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Pike Central & Tell City
10:00 AM Soccer (Boys V/JV) vs. Heritage Hills
10:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) vs. Heritage Hills
12:00 PM Golf (Girls V) @ PAC Conference Meet (Country Oaks)
2:00 PM Soccer (Girls V) vs. Tell City
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 08/29/22 - 09/02/22
Wednesday- Chicken Nuggets/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Breakfast for Lunch w/ hash brown
Friday- BBQ Nachos
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.