Daily Bulletin 08/30/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- There will be a meeting today during Reading Period, for any boy interested in playing basketball this upcoming season in the Boys Basketball Locker Room. Please see Coach Newcomb with any questions.
- All people interested in FCCLA please report to Mrs. Schneider’s room during the reading period today.
- Starting next week Tuesday, September 6th the following changes will be in place:
Mrs. Kavanaugh’s 3rd period study hall will meet in B116
Mrs. Block’s 7th period study hall will meet in B116
Regular Study Hall & Detention will meet in B116
- Yearbooks from last year have arrived!
Yearbooks are being distributed each school day during the reading period. Current MVHS students are welcome to stop by A214 between classes or before or after school to pick up their yearbook. Last year’s graduates can email Mrs. Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and arrange to pick up their yearbook in the main office student Pick Up table.
- Looking for extra help with your classes? Peer tutoring is resuming on Tuesday, September 6th at 7:30 AM every morning in the Media Center. Students can receive help on any subject, all they have to do is show up!
- Bus 10 students will be riding Bus 2211 (twenty two - eleven) until further notice.
- Students interested in joining Student Council - There will be a meeting in room A215 tomorrow, at 7:35am
- Picture Day: Thursday September 8th Picture Retakes: Thursday October 13th
There will be a senior class informational meeting regarding graduation products with Josten’s rep.on Friday, September 2nd (8:15-8:35) in the PAC.
There will be a sophomore class information meeting regarding class rings with Josten’s rep. on Friday, September 2nd (9:45am-10:05am) in the PAC.
GRADUATION PRODUCTS & CLASS RING ORDERS:
Josten’s will be accepting orders for class rings and graduation products on September 8th (10am-1pm) & (3pm-6pm) during lunch. Their table will be set up at the entrance of the auxiliary during lunch.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 08/29/22 - 09/02/22
4:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) @ Central
5:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) @ Boonville
6:00 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) @ Boonville
5:00 PM Soccer (Boys V) @ Mount Carmel (Wabash Valley College)
4:30 PM Golf (Girls V) @ Mt. Carmel/Princeton
4:45 PM Tennis (Boys V) @ Gibson Southern
5:00 PM Cross Country (Co-Ed V) @ Gibson Southern - Alan Hopewell Class Invite
6:00 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Reitz
8:15 AM Jostens - Senior Meeting (Graduation Products) - PAC
9:45 AM Jostens - Sophomore Meeting (Class Rings) - PAC
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) vs. Princeton
9:00 AM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) vs. Pike Central & Tell City
10:00 AM Soccer (Boys V/JV) vs. Heritage Hills
10:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) vs. Heritage Hills
12:00 PM Golf (Girls V) @ PAC Conference Meet (Country Oaks)
2:00 PM Soccer (Girls V) vs. Tell City
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 08/29/22 - 09/02/22
Tuesday- Lasagna/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Chicken Nuggets/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Breakfast for Lunch w/ hash brown
Friday- BBQ Nachos