Daily Bulletin 8/29/22 Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, August 29, 2022 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Art Guild will meet tomorrow morning at 7:30 in Mrs Glaser's room F104. Anyone interested in joining is to attend. We will discuss and make plans for all fall events: Art Camp, trips, t-shirts, etc.
- Bus 10 students will be riding Bus 2211 (twenty two - eleven) until further notice.
- All people interested in FCCLA please report to Mrs. Schneider’s room during the reading period tomorrow Tuesday, August 30th.
- There will be a meeting tomorrow Tuesday, August 30th during Reading Period, for any boy interested in playing basketball this upcoming season in the Boys Basketball Locker Room. Please see Coach Newcomb with any questions.
- Students interested in joining Student Council - There will be a meeting in room A215 on this Thursday, Wednesday, August 31 at 7:35am
- Picture Day: Thursday September 8th Picture Retakes: Thursday October 13th
Varsity Football defeated South Spencer 56-30
Kortez Stewart rushed for 105 yards and 3 TDs, Nicot Burnett also rushed for a TD and threw for 3 more to go with 184 yards passing. Jackson Clowers tallied 106 yards receiving and 2 TDs. Nash Hostetter hauled in his 1st career TD. Defensively, Shane Krieger intercepted the Rebels. Parker Willard scored a defensive touchdown on a 67 yard return. Brady Schickel blocked a South Spencer punt as well.
Girls Varsity Soccer defeated Southridge High School 11-1
8 Goals were scored by Maty Burnett, while Olivia Robels, Valarie Thompson, Ella Sponn each scored a goal. Ella Sponn and Maddie Maier contributed 2 assists each, and Olivia Robels, Lera Wilson, and Reagan Sullivan each had 1 assist.
Varsity Volleyball went 2-0 against South Spencer and Washington. Mallory Nurrenbern led the offense with 19 kills, Kaleigh Kelley added 15 kills, Arlissa Sharber 12 kills and Cassidy Jones 11 kills. Cassidy Jones also had 6 aces on the day. Brooke Sledd led the defense with 29 digs, Hannah Seifert added 3 blocks to the defense. Kaleigh Kelley had 37 assists. The Lady Wildcats are now 6-2 on the season and 3-1 PAC conference play.
Girls Varsity Cross Country finished in 15th place at the Evansville Harrison Invite. Brynn Davis, Avery Stills, Krissy Bazan, Ashley Lilleston, Ellie Blackburn, Izzy Zieren, Destin Gentry, and Avery Fritschle all ran strong races.
Boys Varsity Cross Country finished in 18th place at the Dennis Bays Invitational. Hayden Deckard, Carson Tucker, Ethan Sutfin, Mason Hagan, and Ryan McCollum turned in gutsy performances.
There will be a senior class informational meeting regarding graduation products with Josten’s rep.on Friday, September 2nd (8:15-8:35) in the PAC.
There will be a sophomore class information meeting regarding class rings with Josten’s rep. on Friday, September 2nd (9:45am-10:05am) in the PAC.
GRADUATION PRODUCTS & CLASS RING ORDERS:
Josten’s will be accepting orders for class rings and graduation products on September 8th (10am-1pm) & (3pm-6pm) during lunch. Their table will be set up at the entrance of the auxiliary during lunch.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 08/29/22 - 09/02/22
6:00 PM Football (Boys JV) @ South Spencer
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 08/29/22 - 09/02/22
Monday-Chicken Patty/ NO FRY DAY
Tuesday- Lasagna/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Chicken Nuggets/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Breakfast for Lunch w/ hash brown
Friday- BBQ Nachos