Daily Bulletin 04/21/22 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, April 21, 2022 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Volunteers are needed to help with Children's programs at the Alexandrian Public Library this summer. If you are interested, please come to the library and ask at the front desk for a Volunteer Application Form. We have lots of fun activities scheduled for this summer.
- MVHS will be hosting a blood drive on Friday, April 29. You may sign up to give using the google form link that was emailed to you. To To give blood you must - Be in good general health and feeling well - Be at least 17-years-old, or 16-years-old with parental consent - Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Concessions will be open at AAG: drinks, popcorn, nachos, pretzels, and candy. Bring cash!
- B Prom Picture Packets can be picked up in the counseling office this week.
- After-Prom tickets will be on sale this Wednesday, Thursday & Friday during lunch.
- MVHS Talent Show Friday April 29th 2:00-3:00pm in the PAC. If you are interested in participating contact, Mr. Baker to set up an audition. email@example.com
- If you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony you MUST order a cap & gown! Using past graduates' cap and gown is not allowed. If you don’t know if you have ordered a cap & gown, please stop by the counseling office and check with Mrs. Martin.
- The state FAFSA deadline has passed, but the FAFSA can still be submitted to be considered for federal aid. If you have any questions contact Mrs. Rose.
- Applications for the Elizabeth D. Baier Youth Spirit Award are available in the Counseling Office. Completed applications must be postmarked to the United Way of Posey County by April 29. This $500 award will be given to a current junior whose residence is in Posey County and who has exhibited outstanding achievement in the following areas: leadership, volunteerism, and community involvement.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following:
- English and Interdisciplinary Super Bowl Teams for qualifying for State competition at Purdue University on May 7.
- Girls Varsity Tennis beat Princeton Community High School 3-2
- Boys Varsity Golf finishes 1st place at Princeton
- Coed Varsity Track Unified and Field finishes 1st place at Ev. North.
- The 100M Dash scorers included Braiden Royal, Jaley Hamilton, Molly Jones, Julia Kingery, Drew Rapp, and Nolan Deno.
- Scoring for the Wildcats was Aiden Paul for the long jump. For the shot put, Nolan Deno, Molly Jones, Drew Rapp, and Abbi Dosher.
- The 400M Dash included Braiden Royal, Ben Gluekart, Logan Steedman, Jaley Hamilton, and Genna Biggerstaff.
- The boys 4x100 relay team placed first. The 4x100 members include Logan Steedman, Ben Gluekart, Aidan Paul, and Braiden Royal.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 04/19/22 - 04/24/22
11:00 AM National Honor Society Induction Ceremony - PAC
4:00 PM Golf (Boys V) @ Bosse (Fendrich)
4:30 PM Tennis (Girls V) @ Ev. Christian (Wesselman Park)
5:00 PM Softball (Girls V) vs. Harrison *TENTATIVE*
5:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ Mater Dei
6:00 PM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Heritage Hills
All-School Cookout & Almost Anything Goes
5:30 PM Softball (Girls V/JV) @ Southridge
6:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ North
9:00 AM Track & Field (Co-Ed V) @ Forest Park - Frosh/Soph Invite
10:00 AM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Carmi *TENTATIVE*
8:00 PM MVHS Prom - USI
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/19/22 - 04/22/22
Thursday- BBQ Pulled Pork
Friday- ALL SCHOOL COOKOUT