Daily Bulletin 04/19/22 - Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Mrs Glaser’s Drawing Class - Meet in her room F104 Wednesday and Thursday by 8:00am. Sooner if possible to get your supplies together. Don’t forget:*a sack lunch and drink *hat, BUG SPRAY, sunscreen *bag chair or picnic blanket *dress school appropriate and for the weather (no tank tops!)
- After-Prom tickets will be on sale this Wednesday, Thursday & Friday during lunch.
- Almost Anything Goes (Field Day) is on Friday, April 22nd. Please check your email to fill out the participation form by tomorrow Wednesday, April 20th if you are interested in participating in one of the games.
- MVHS Talent Show Friday April 29th 2:00-3:00pm in the PAC. If you are interested in participating contact, Mr. Baker to set up an audition. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony you MUST order a cap & gown! Using past graduates' cap and gown is not allowed. If you don’t know if you have ordered a cap & gown, please stop by the counseling office and check with Mrs. Martin.
2. Seniors: The state FAFSA deadline has been extended to Monday, April 18 due to the 15th being a state holiday. See your emails from Mrs. Rose for details or stop by her office today or tomorrow.
3. Applications for the Elizabeth D. Baier Youth Spirit Award are available in the Counseling Office. Completed applications must be postmarked to the United Way of Posey County by April 29. This $500 award will be given to a current junior whose residence is in Posey County and who has exhibited outstanding achievement in the following areas: leadership, volunteerism, and community involvement.
The boys track team competed at home against Tecumseh and Evansville Christian. The team finished 1st overall! First place finishers were:
- The 4x800 relay with a team of Hayden Deckard, Colton Green, Ethan Sutfin, Carson Tucker
- Ace Reeves in Long Jump
- Jacob Swartz in the 110m and 300m Hurdles
- River Snodgrass in the 400m Dash
- Jackson Clowers in the 800m Run
- Caleb Tyus in the 200m Dash and the 4x400 relay with a team of Caleb Tyus, Carson Tucker, Ace Reeves, and River Snodgrass
Girls Varsity Tennis finished 1st place at Mt.Vernon Invite and beat Evansville Day School yesterday 5-0.
The Lady 'Cats played a conference doubleheader on Saturday. In the first game, the
'Cats were victorious over the Forest Park Rangers. Hannah West (2-4), Mallory Mason
(2-3), Kaylen Salee (3-3), Baylee Rhodes (2-3), Bailey Cox (2-4), & Raycee Stallings
(2-2) had multiple hits. Kayleen Salee & Mallory Mason led the team with 3 RBIs each!
Kaylen Salee pitched the full game victory, only allowing 1 ER and striking out 6!
The Lady 'Cats picked up their second win Saturday against Tell City! Mallory Mason
(2-3), Bailey Cox (2-4), & Peyton Rush (3-4) had multiple hits. Kaylen Salee, Bailey Cox, Cora Bell, & Peyton Rush had 2 RBIs each!
Kaylen Salee secured the win in the circle striking out 5! It was a great day for softball!
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 04/19/22 - 04/24/22
4:30 PM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Forest Park
5:30 PM Track & Field (Co-Ed V) vs. Castle
5:30 PM Academic Super Bowl Area Competition @ Central
4:30 PM Baseball (Boys Fr) @ Reitz (Barker Sports Complex)
4:30 PM Golf (Boys V) vs. Princeton - WHCC
5:00 PM Softball (Girls V/JV) vs. Central
5:00 PM Unified Track & Field vs. North
5:00 PM Tennis (Girls V) @ Princeton
11:00 AM National Honor Society Induction Ceremony - PAC
4:00 PM Golf (Boys V) @ Bosse (Fendrich)
4:30 PM Tennis (Girls V) @ Ev. Christian (Wesselman Park)
5:00 PM Softball (Girls V) vs. Harrison *TENTATIVE*
5:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ Mater Dei
6:00 PM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Heritage Hills
All-School Cookout & Almost Anything Goes
5:30 PM Softball (Girls V/JV) @ Southridge
6:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ North
9:00 AM Track & Field (Co-Ed V) @ Forest Park - Frosh/Soph Invite
10:00 AM Baseball (Boys V) vs. Carmi *TENTATIVE*
8:00 PM MVHS Prom - USI
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/19/22 - 04/22/22
Tuesday- Mini Corn Dogs/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Teriyaki Nuggets/NO FRY DAY
Thursday- BBQ Pulled Pork
Friday- ALL SCHOOL COOKOUT