Daily Bulletin 03/14/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, March 14, 2022 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- SENIORS if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony you MUST order a cap & gown! Using past graduates' cap and gown is not allowed. If you don’t know if you have ordered a cap & gown, please stop by the counseling office and check with Mrs. Martin.
- Reminder to students the MAX limit of students sitting at one table at lunch is Six (6)
- The US Army will be at MVHS on Wednesday, March 16th with their Special Ops Semi & other activities. All study halls will visit the event on this day.
- All seniors wanting to participate in the Senior vs. Faculty basketball game this Friday, March 18th should sign up in Mr. Krizan's room (B105).
- The Posey Humane Society Supply Drive ends this Friday, March 18. If you are a Key Club member and bring in 3-5 donation items to Mr. Ungetheim's room, it will count as a service project. Examples of donations are paper towels, dog & cat treats, dog & cat toys, gloves, food, etc. All donations are appreciated!
- Attention Senior Boys: Anyone interested in being a Big Wildcat on Campus candidate, please attend the informational meeting this Friday during reading period in room A215. If you cannot attend, please see River Snodgrass.
- Any student interested in participating in the Junior Police Academy hosted by the Mount Vernon Police Department can pick up an application in the high school counseling office. Session dates are: June 6th - 9th (8am-12pm) & June 10th (12pm-6pm) For more information regarding the Junior Police Academy see School Resource Office Turner or call MVPD @ 812-838-8705 M-F (8am-4pm)
- Seniors: If you have questions about FAFSA, see Mrs. Rose in the counseling office.
- Seniors- It's time to submit your early childhood pictures for the Senior Video. Please include information about your plans after graduation. You can submit pictures to Mr. Pickrell at the Media Center. Include your name and phone number on the back of each photo. The deadline is Friday, March 31.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 03/14/22 - 03/18/22
3:15 PM Girls Tennis - 1st practice
3:30 PM Boys Golf - 1st practice
3:30 PM Baseball - 1st practice
6:00 PM Girls Basketball banquet - Café
6:30 PM Academic Honors Program - PAC
8:00AM-3:00PM The US Army will be at MVHS with their Special Ops Semi & other activities. All study halls will visit the event on this day.
5:00 PM Winter Guard & Drumline - Community Performance - Main Gym
5:30 PM Wrestling banquet - New Beginnings Lakeside Church
6:00 PM Boys Basketball banquet - Café
Thu 3/17 St. Patrick's Day
5:00 PM Softball (Girls V) - Scrimmage @ Reitz (Barker Ave.)
6:00 PM Cheer banquet - Café
9:00AM-2:00PM Save-A-Life Tour - Athletic Foyer
10:15 AM Senior vs. Faculty All-Star Basketball Game
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 03/14/22 - 03/18/22
Monday- Mini Corn Dogs/ NO FRY DAY
Tuesday- Teriyaki Nuggets/NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Chili w/fries
Thursday- Chicken Pot Pie/ NO FRY DAY
Friday- Beef Nachos or Fish/ NO FRY DAY