Daily Bulletin 09/01/21 Gray Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS
- There will be a meeting in Coach Steinharts Room B115 for any girl interested in playing basketball this season during the reading period tomorrow.
- Picture Day will be Thursday, September 9th
- Are you to enhance your leadership skills? Want to make new friends and have new experiences? Join FFA. The first FFA meeting will be Friday Sept 3rd at 7:30 am in Mrs. Schmidt's room
- "The Marching Wildcat Color Run is being held on Sept. 11th, starting at 8am. This is a 5k Color race to benefit the Mount Vernon High School Band program. It is a fun-filled race designed to promote being active and getting a little messy while supporting our high school band students. All profits from this race go to fund the band activities related to Mount Vernon High School Band Program."
- Any student interested in being part of the creation of the Senior Video should contact Mr. Pickrell or Mrs. Block.
- The senior class president position is vacant; therefore, any senior student in good standing interested in running for the position, needs to pick up an application from Mrs. Delancy in room A218.
- There will be a meeting for any girl interested in playing softball on this Friday during the reading period. Please meet Coach Spindler in the auxiliary gym.
- St. Matthew Catholic School is seeking after school care workers. Supervising 15-20 students K-5: homework, snack, playtime Monday-Friday: 2:45-6:00pm Flexible Scheduling: Pay $8.50 Contact Christan Shockley, Principal (812) 838-3621
- The first official FCCLA meeting will be this Thursday morning at 7:35am in A106 for anyone interested in joining this year
- The MV cheer team and student council are working together to honor and support members of our community that are fighting or have fought all forms of cancer. The inaugural Go Fight Cure Honor Walk will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 1 prior to kickoff of the MV vs Gibson Southern football game. We will have participants line up in the south gate entrance to the field and walk down to the other end of the track carrying signs recognizing their friends and loved ones. You can bring your own pre-made signs or we will have paper and markers available at check-in. Like other stand up to cancer events, participants will raise signs together in tribute. We have invited Gibson Southern fans to participate as well. Check-in will begin at 6:15 p.m. Pink t-shirts featuring the Go Fight Cure and school logos are available via pre-sale only for $15 and may be picked up at check-in. Shirt orders and payments must be received in the athletic office by Friday. Link for shirt orders: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ISVYyvJwazp3b17WJmAx6nV1r55T9ZtaGdn6TyrrjTU/edit?usp=drivesdk Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to pre-register to participate or if you have any questions!
4:30 pm Boys Varsity Tennis @ Ev. Day School
4:30 pm Girls Varsity Golf vs. Mt. Carmel & Princeton (WHCC)
4:45 pm Boys Varsity Tennis vs. Gibson Southern
5:00 pm Coed Varsity Cross Country @ Gibson Southern (Hopewell Class Invite)
5:30 pm JV/V Volleyball @ Reitz
TODAY’S LUNCH MENU: Egg & Cheese Omelet w/sausage & hash brown
TOMORROW’S LUNCH MENU: Thursday - Salisbury Steak/NO FRY DAY