MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, October 1, 2021 Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Picture retake day is October 14th
- Bus 31 students will be riding Bus 12 today and Monday through Thursday of next week.
- Clubs will begin meeting next week. If you have not signed up for clubs, please use the link that was in the email you received this morning to do so. The deadline is Monday at noon.
- Any 9th-11th grader who has not been able to access their Khan Academy account, please come see Mrs. Feagley in A216 either before school or during 3rd, 5th, or 7th period.
- The soccer teams are having a fundraiser. It is a shoe drive. We are asking people to please bring gently used or new shoes for the shoe drive. The shoes are collected by a company that then distributes the shoes all over the world to people in need. The most recent large scale donation made by the company was to Haiti after the massive earthquake in August. Our fundraiser goes until November 20. There is a collection box in the main lobby, but we will also be collecting shoes at the home football games! There are other drop off locations as well at the Public Library, Posey Lanes, and the Co-Op on 4th St.
- The Student Council will be taking orders for t-shirts during lunch this week to support Deputy Hicks. Shirts are $20, orders and money are due Friday, Oct. 1st. Please make checks payable to MVHS Student Council. If you would prefer to make a monetary donation, there is a box in the main office.
- Key Club is collecting donations for Camp Atterbury to help them house Afghanistan evacuees. Donations of NEW UNUSED baby supplies including powdered formula, diapers and wipes can be dropped off in Mr. Ungentheim’s Room C110. Please donate by Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Open mat workouts for wrestling will begin next Monday & Tuesday. Workouts will last until 4 PM. Any athlete interested must have a physical on file in the athletic office. Any questions see Coach Alcorn in room C122.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of September 27, 2021 - October 1, 2021
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) vs. Gibson Southern
8:30 AM Cross Country (Boys V) @ PAC Conference Meet (Gibson Southern)
9:00 AM Cross Country (Girls V) @ PAC Conference Meet (Gibson Southern)
10:00 AM Volleyball (Girls Fr/JV/V) vs. Forest Park
10:00 AM Tennis (Boys V) - IHSAA Sectional Championship
Marching Band Competition @Reitz (MVHS performs @ 5:30PM)