MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, September 2, 2022 - Gray Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Mrs. Feagley’s 8th period report to the media center today.
- Mr. Jesch’s 7th period report to the media center today.
- Starting next week Tuesday, September 6th the following changes will be in place:
- Mrs. Kavanaugh’s 3rd period study hall will meet in B116
- Mrs. Block’s 7th period study hall will meet in B116
- Regular Study Hall & Detention will meet in A108
- Yearbooks from last year have arrived! Yearbooks are being distributed each school day during the reading period. Current MVHS students are welcome to stop by A214 between classes or before or after school to pick up their yearbook. Last year’s graduates can email Mrs. Thomas (email@example.com) and arrange to pick up their yearbook in the main office student Pick Up table.
- Looking for extra help with your classes? Peer tutoring is resuming on Tuesday, September 6th at 7:30 AM every morning in the Media Center. Students can receive help on any subject, all they have to do is show up!
- Bus 10 students will be riding Bus 2211 (twenty two - eleven) until further notice.
- Picture Day: Thursday September 8th Picture Retakes: Thursday October 13th
Congratulations to the boys and girls cross country teams for their strong performance at Gibson Southern. Several runners from Mt. Vernon just missed out on receiving ribbons. Three Mt. Vernon girls did receive ribbons. Ashley Lilleston placed 24th in the Junior/Senior girls race. Avery Stills received a ribbon for a 17th place finish in the Freshman/Sophomore girls race. The highest place of the evening and receiving a ribbon for 15th place was Brynn Davis.
The Lady Cat golfers continued to improve against Mt. Carmel and Princeton, with a 2nd place finish. The team was led by Hadley Weatherford with a 45, Liv Culley with 51, Haley Rutledge with 52, and Hannah Carr with her personal best of 54.
There will be a senior class informational meeting regarding graduation products with Josten’s rep.on Friday, September 2nd (8:15-8:35) in the PAC.
There will be a sophomore class information meeting regarding class rings with Josten’s rep. on Friday, September 2nd (9:45am-10:05am) in the PAC.
GRADUATION PRODUCTS & CLASS RING ORDERS:
Josten’s will be accepting orders for class rings and graduation products on September 8th (10am-1pm) & (3pm-6pm) during lunch. Their table will be set up at the entrance of the auxiliary during lunch.