Skip to content
SEA 217 - Dyslexia
2019-2020- West Elementary Characteristics of Dyslexia data:
- 184 -- students were administered the universal screener
- 43 students were determined to be "at risk" or "at some risk" to have characteristics of dyslexia
- Dyslexia Intervention programs: Progressing Monitoring, Response to Intervention, Roxie Reading, Iready, Aimsweb+, and STAR Reading.
2018-2019- West Elementary Characteristics of Dyslexia data:
According to Senate Enrolled Act 217: Beginning the 2019-2020 school year ALL kindergarten through second grade students will be given an Indiana Department of Education approved Universal Screener to assess for characteristics of dyslexia. The universal screener does not identify dyslexia, only the areas of weakness in phonological and phonemic awareness, sound symbol recognition, alphabet knowledge, decoding skills, rapid naming skills, and encoding skills.
- 0 - students were administered the universal screener
- 0 - students were determined to be at risk for dyslexia
- 0 - students who received dyslexia interventions
- ______________ types of dyslexia interventions used this school year
- 0 - total number of students identified as being as risk for dyslexia