MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday January 18, 2023 - Gray Day
CLUB SCHEDULE - Khan Academy - English (3rd Period Class)
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Club Schedule and students will stay in their 3rd period class for Khan Academy (English) today.
- eSports team Fortnite Players, you will have your first competition tonight please report to Room 220A by 3:45. Check Google Classroom for announcements.
- Pep Session Volleyball Coaches meeting for today is canceled. Meeting will be Thursday 01/19/23 during the reading period in room A215.
- The student council will be hosting a boy’s volleyball game during the pep session on January 27th. If you are interested in participating, please attend the call out meeting during the reading period on 1/18/2023 in room A215 and collect a form to be filled out.
- SENIORS: Reminder every Senior MUST order a new cap and gown if you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony. Place your order online at www.jostens.com
- April 29, 20223 - Prom at USI in Carter Hall from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Tickets will be sold 3 weeks prior to prom and tickets will be $30 each.
- Homecoming Spirit Days for the week of 01/23 - 01/27
Monday 01/23 Neon Lights (wear neon colors and glow bracelets & necklaces
Tuesday 01/24 Hawaii Five-O Day - (wear tropical clothes)
Wednesday 01/25 Royal Red Day (wear Red)
Thursday 01/26 High School Musical (dress as a teacher, basketball player, or nerd)
Friday 01/27 Class Colors
The Mt. Vernon Wildcats boys basketball team tipped off action at the Carmi-White County Tournament Tuesday night against Day School and won their 2nd game in a row 79-69. Mt. Vernon was led in scoring by Jackson Clowers with 25 points and 8 rebounds. Junior Nicot Burnett had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists. Sophomore Jack Campbell contributed with 14 points including four 3 pointers. Brady Schickel and Nash Clowers were both in double figures as well with 11 and 10 points respectively. Mt. Vernon will return to action at the CWCIT on Thursday night when they play the host Bulldogs. Tip is scheduled for 7pm.