MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, September 20th - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- The latest “Wildcat Word” is out.
- MVHS is collecting books for a future project, and we need your help! Please bring gently used or new children's books to Mr. Ungetheim's room C116.
- Students vote during lunch for a faculty homecoming king and queen. All proceeds will be going to Avery's Place to help build an all-inclusive playground.
- Mark your calendars - MV Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, September 24 from 8-11 pm. Tickets are $10 and will be on sale during lunch on September 21-23. In order to bring someone that is not a student at MVHS, you must get approval BEFORE buying tickets. Forms can be picked up in the counseling office.
- Early Dismissal (Staff Development) Day Schedule 09/21/22
8:00 a.m. Warning Bell
Period 1/5 8:05 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
Period 2/6 9:15 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
Period 4/8 10:25 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Period 3/7 11:35 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
1st Release 11:35 - 12:05 (PE, Science & Technology Education)
2nd Release 11:55 - 12:25 (Credit Recovery, English, Math & World Languages)
3rd Release 12:15 - 12:45 (AG, Art, Band, Business, FACS & Social Studies)
4th Release 12:35 - 1:05 (Special Education, Study Halls & Tech Theater
- Picture Retakes: Thursday, October 13th
- Homecoming Spirit Week Days for next week. Tuesday: Which Witch is Which (twin day) - Come to school twinning with your ghouly friend. On this day, we won’t be able to tell which witch is which! Wednesday: Show Your Heart (pink out/red out)- Why not celebrate Valentine’s Day a few months early? Show your love by going all out in PINK! Thursday: Turkey Hunting (camo)- Time for turkey! Dress for a hunting success by wearing camo. Friday: Class Colors- Show your class pride! Go all out with the color that corresponds with your grade level: Freshman-white, Sophomore- gray, Junior- maroon, Senior- Black Each morning at 8:00 we ask anyone who has dressed up for that day’s spirit wear to come to the athletic foyer for a photo.
- Reminder to all wanting to join FCCLA this year; forms and dues MUST be turned in by this Friday, September 23
- Boys Varsity Tennis beat Boonville High School 5-0
- Varsity: Rylan Paul def. Zane Montgomery 6-3, 6-0/Adam Burke def. Joe Moesner 6-0, 6-0/Taylor Jarvis def. Wyatt Hapenan 6-1, 6-0/Khai Willard/Micah Luckett def. Wall/Vickers 6-1, 6-1 Hunter Spaulding/Masyn Dye (Walkover Victory) JV: Reese Harshbarger def. Zayden Schmitt 6-1/Jaxston Raben def. Zayden Schmitt 6-0
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 09/19/22 - 09/23/22
5:30 PM Soccer (Girls V) @ Boonville
5:30 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) @ Bosse
7:00 PM Soccer (Boys V) @ North Posey
1:10 PM Early Dismissal for Students - Staff Development Day
5:30 PM Volleyball (Girls JV/V) @ Memorial
5:30 PM Tennis (Boys V) vs. Tell City
5:00 PM Tennis (Boys V) vs. Tecumseh
5:30 PM Soccer (Boys V/JV) vs. Boonville - Sr. Night
7:00 PM Football (Boys V) vs. Boonville - Homecoming
TBD Golf (Girls V) - IHSAA Regional @ Country Oaks
9:15 AM Volleyball (Girls V) @ Martinsville's Artesian Classic Tournament
9:30 AM Cross Country (Co-Ed V/JV) @ Pike Central Invite (Pride's Creek)
2:00 PM Soccer (Girls V) vs. Washington - Sr. Night
7:30 PM Marching Wildcats Competition @ Ev. North
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 09/19/22 - 09/23/22
Tuesday- Mini Corn Dogs/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Chicken Smackers/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Loaded Baked Potato/ NO FRY DAY
Friday- Build-A-Burger w/fries