Daily Bulletin Friday 11/11/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, November 11th - Maroon Day
Happy Veteran’s Day!
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Happy Veteran’s Day! Be sure to thank the Veterans you know for their service to our country.
- Altered Schedule Dates for November & December (subject to change)
Thursday, December 1st - Club Schedule - Cluster #1
Wednesday, December 7th - Club Schedule - Cluster #2
Wednesday, December 14th - Club Schedule - Club Schedule - Khan Academy (Math)
- November 23rd - 25th Thanksgiving Break
- FFA is hosting a hygiene drive for Isaiah 1:17 where for every two items you bring to the ag room you are entered to win a Casey's gift card.
- Students that ride bus 31 should ride bus 17 home today.
- On November 28, 2022 all student drivers MUST have a parking sticker displayed on their vehicle to park on school property. Parking stickers can be purchased from Mrs. Tucker in the bookstore for $10.00. Failure to purchase a parking sticker will result in loss of parking privileges on school grounds and disciplinary action.
- All detention hours must be served by Thursday, Nov. 17th. Detention hours can be served in the morning outside of Mr. Fischer’s office, or after school in room B116. Once again, all detention hours must be served by next Thursday, Nov. 17th.
- Art Guild Members: NO after school work days for Art Camp this week! Plan to stay after school on Monday 11/14 until 5:00pm and possibly other days if needed.
- "There will be a donation drive for Evansville's YWCA starting this Tuesday, November 8. The YWCA provides services for domestic and sexual violence and housing for women and girls. Some ideas to donate to the YWCA are body wash/gel, bath towels and washcloths, shower loofah balls, Clorox wipes, fuzzy blankets, new bed pillows, arts and crafts kits for kids, copy paper, deodorant, razors, laundry hampers, fuzzy socks, bandaids, Play-Doh or slime. The items can be dropped off at Mr. Ungetheim, Mr. Bacon, or Mr. Krizan's room until December 9."
- November 14 and 21 at 3:30 p.m. - Teen Cuisine - Tiffany Haug of Purdue Extension will be at the Alexandrian Public Library to teach teens about nutrition and cooking. For high school students (ages 14-18). Designed to equip teens with necessary life skills and the knowledge to make healthier choices, Teen Cuisine also features exciting hands-on cooking classes and pulse-rising exercise sessions. Registration is open.
- Congratulations to Frank Wertz on receiving Best of Show for “Social Commentary” at the 13th Annual County wide High School Senior Art Show at the Hoosier Salon in New Harmony. In addition, Lydia Deckard received 2nd Place for “Woven Road” in the 2-D Division. In the 3-D Division, Kyla Borrego received 2nd place for “The Fox and the Grapes”, and Ava Schneider received 3rd place for “Silenced”. Gracie DeFur received an Honorable Mention for her Ceramic “The Fall”.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 11/07/22 - 11/11/22
7:00 PM CLUE - Fall Play - PAC
2:00 PM CLUE - Fall Play - PAC
6:00 PM Basketball (Girls JV/V) vs. Bosse
7:00 PM CLUE - Fall Play - PAC
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 11/07/22 - 11/11/22
Friday- Beef Nachos/ NO FRY DAY