Daily Bulletin 04/08/22 - Maroon Day
MT. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, April 8, 2022 - Maroon Day
TO THE STUDENTS:
- Cheer tryout call out meeting right now during reading period for students in grades 9 through 11 that are interested in trying out for the 22-23 cheer team.
- There will be NO detention today after school.
- Mrs. Kavanaugh’s 3rd period class should report to the media center.
- Congratulations to the Varsity baseball team for their win over Boonville 4-2 last night. Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity opened up scoring in the first inning, when Payne Healy doubled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run.Tyler Brown pitched Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity to victory. Brown lasted six innings, allowing five hits and two runs while striking out six and walking one. Hayden Huss threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen. Huss recorded the last three outs to earn the save for Mt. Vernon Wildcats Varsity.
- Congratulations to the Boys Golf Team for their win last night. They opened up the season with a win over Day School and Harrison at Western Hills Country Club. The Cats were led by Dru Henderson 40, Logan Dutkiewicz 48, Alex Carlisle 49, and Zach Culley 49. The Cats will open tournament play this weekend at Country Oaks. Team Scores: Mt. Vernon 187-Day School 209- Harrison 235
- Congratulations to the Lady 'Cats for securing a big conference W against Boonville. Bailey Cox (2-3) and Peyton Rush (2-3) led the team with multiple hits. Baylee Rhodes (2) and Bailey Cox (3) had multiple RBIs! Bailey Cox had her first HR of the season with a 3-run shot in the bottom of the third! Kaylen Salee was on fire in the circle. She had the complete game win, while only allowing one earned run and striking out 7! The 'Cats are back in action on Saturday against Washington!
- Officers from the Mount Vernon Police Department will be joining us for lunch on Tuesday April 12th. Be sure to welcome them and feel free to sit and eat with them during your lunch break.
- If you are planning on participating in the graduation ceremony you MUST order a cap & gown! Using past graduates' cap and gown is not allowed. If you don’t know if you have ordered a cap & gown, please stop by the counseling office and check with Mrs. Martin.
2. Any senior considering attending college at any time during next school year should complete the FAFSA by the state deadline of April 15. If you have any questions see Mrs. Rose.
3. Applications for the Elizabeth D. Baier Youth Spirit Award are available in the Counseling Office. Completed applications must be postmarked to the United Way of Posey County by April 29.
This $500 award will be given to a current junior whose residence is in Posey County and who has exhibited outstanding achievement in the following areas: leadership, volunteerism, and community involvement.
- Prom tickets will be sold April 4 - 14. They are $30 each. If you are taking a guest that does not go to MVHS, you must have a guest date form signed before you can purchase your prom tickets. Tickets will be sold before after school in Mrs. Hobgood and Mrs. Walter's rooms. The last day to purchase prom tickets is April 14.
MVHS ACTIVITIES for the WEEK of 04/04/22 - 04/08/22
5:30 PM Track & Field (Co-Ed V) - Tri-State Invite @ Princeton
7:30 PM Baseball (Boys V) @ Mater Dei (Bosse Field)
10:00 AM Tennis (Girls V) vs. Tell City
12:00 PM Baseball (Boys JV) @ Evansville Christian (Scott Twp Field)
12:00 PM Golf (Boys V) @ Vincennes Invite (Country Oaks Golf Course)
12:00 PM Softball (Girls V) vs. Washington
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/04/22 - 04/08/22
Friday- Build-A-Burger/ NO FRY DAY
LUNCH MENU for the WEEK of 04/11/22 - 04/14/22
Monday- Pulled Pork BBQ or Rib-B-Q/ NO FRY DAY
Tuesday- Chicken Smackers/ NO FRY DAY
Wednesday- Turkey & Gravy/ NO FRY DAY
Thursday- Stromboli w/curly fries
Friday- NO SCHOOL