Please visit our Kindergarten Registration Information page for additional information on full-day Kindergarten and to download necessary forms.
Welcome to MSD of Mt. Vernon
The School Board has developed goals for the next three to five years. These goals will continue to be refined with input from community, parents, and staff. The goals include:
- meeting the educational needs of all students.
- improving communications with the community.
- providing for continuous improvement of technology.
- providing an optimum learning environment.
- demonstrating continuous improvement in academic achievement.
Periodically, the Board will review these goals and update them to meet the needs of the students, the school, and the community.
Learning Takes Place Here!
- We believe everyone has a basic desire to learn, everyone can learn and learning is a life-long experience.
- We believe learning takes place in an environment that is safe, caring, positive, trusting, cooperative, pleasant, and challenging.
- We believe the responsibility for learning is shared by all and all are expected to learn.
It is the policy of the Metropolitan School District of Mt. Vernon not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1). Title VI and Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Title IX (Educational Amendments 1972), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, and Section 504 (Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973).
Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the Superintendent, Metropolitan School District of Mt. Vernon, 1000 W. Fourth St., Mt. Vernon, IN 47620. Telephone (812)838-4471. Inquiries regarding compliance with Section 504 may be directed to the Director of Special Services, Posey County Special Services, 1000 W. Fourth St., Mt. Vernon, IN 47620. Telephone (812)838-5516.
Dr. Tom Kopatich, Supt.
1000 W. Fourth St.
Mt. Vernon, IN 47620